Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hanging on to Summer...

I can't believe that it's already the third week of August! The cicadas have already begun buzzing, bringing me back to childhood when their "song" reminded me that school was just around the corner again. If I get up early enough and stick my head out the door, the air smells like September, so thoughts of teaching and school supplies once again enter my brain.
It has been an uneventful, but good summer. The kids have been relaxing, as have I. We spent hours and hours in grandma and grandpa's pool, which was a great refuge from baby weight and water retention for me!


A couple of Mahlia's adventures...



Making tents in the living room and staying up late...


Spending quality time with big brother...

There are still 2 weeks left! We're still hanging on...

1 comment:

L~ said...

ahhh, cute tent! and you're right, it does smell and feel like autumn is around the corner. but i don't care! i love the fall!