Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spread My Wings and Fly!


It's funny, you would think having the whole summer off would allow me to get on here to post more blogs, not drop off the face of the earth completely! Since finishing the last day of school at the end of June, I have basically done whatever I please, getting up late, forgetting what day of the week it is, or what the date is, meeting friends for dinner, coffee or beer, and going on mini-excusions with the kids. I LOVE SUMMER!!


I never feel so free as I do during July and August. It is the recharging time that I so desperately need after 10 months of exhaustion. It's no wonder I go into "sleep" mode during this time. And, after some major life changes this spring, summer has been the perfect opportunity to spread my wings and fly.


Change in our lives usually means we have learned some pretty important lessons, and I am no exception. Looking back over the past 3 years, boy have my eyes been opened, and my backbone stronger that it was before! I finally know what I need, know what I am doing, know what I want, and know what not to compromise on! Yey! I know who my true friends are, I know where I am headed in life, I know what I want for my kids, and I know what to stand up for. The only thing I don't know is what is in store for me next. As I soar over the pain and confusion that once consumed me, I can't see what will come my way next. But now, I embrace the unknown, because I am better equipped to face pitfalls and uncertainties. Now it is an adventure! Now I go on scary rides (like the Sky Streak at Marineland), I take chances, I try things at least once, I AM NOT AFRAID!!

Can't wait to read the next chapter!

Happy Summer!!!!